Subject2.0.3x -- hanging network interfaces

Hi,

We've recently got a tulip based card, and we see network hangs (the kind
fixable by taking the interface down then up). I have two questions.

1) Which is more stable, tulip.o or the dexxx.o driver?

2) I know a lot of generic network driver bugs have been found recently,
i.e. tbusy handling, problems with transmit lists if memory allocations
fail etc. Is there a tulip driver version with "all known bugs" fixed?
We're currently on 0.89H.

Cheers
Chris

PS. We recently replaced a cheap NE2k board with this tulip board. The
NE2k board exhibited network hangs too, but the entire machine would hang.
Unknown if this was hardware bus crash due to dodgy card, or bug in NE2k
driver looping with interrupts disabled etc.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:1.258 / U:0.012 seconds]