SubjectRe: [OT] RE: UDI and Free Software (fwd)

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.981009215456.373A-100000@localhost>, Gerard Roudier w
> rites:
>
> > There is not only 2 Billions of Chinese people that do not care of USA
>
> No, but a government with a habit of killing its people will be
> more than happy to force them to comply if they can be shown an
> advantage to themselves.

This part of my posting was a joke, probably a bit too hard, and you cut
it in a way that lets me think it has been misunderstood. American people
are known to like evil mixtures. I should have been carefull of that.
Anyway, donnot cut too much postings you reply to, if you want the orignal
meaning not to be changed or lost. Or perhaps it has just been your
intention.

> > Station and the USA Congress cannot change that forever. ;-)
>
> They won't have to. Your screwed up government (they almost all
> are screwed up) will do it for you as will the rest of the power
> pigs in charge.

You still cut my posting at a wrong place.

> Something about the price of freedom being eternal vigilance keeps
> ringing in my head.
>
> > Such a Licence will only be legal inside the USA. Let's hope M$ will use
>
> ...and in every country that signs on.

I just hope Europ will not sign it.

> This is not a US issue. Anything like this is very likely to make
> its way out of the country. Likewise for stupid ideas/laws in from
> Europe (even France) coming our way.
>
> Now that the western world is one big happy family, its even more
> important than ever to do the right thing.

I leave such a opinion to yourself. I you had a quick regard outside
your family squabbles you, american, use to exacerbate, you will
understand as _wrong_ your statement is.

Anyway, this list is for kernel development. I did reply to your mail
since I noticed that you got it away from its intended meaning, but I
will ignore any other one of this sort.

Regards,
Gerard.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:1.258 / U:0.076 seconds]