SubjectRe: Y2k - Is Linux Ready for the year 2000?
On Mon, 5 Jan 1998 aaa@netcom.com wrote:

> i once did an experiment on that. i reset my clock, ran my db prog, and no
> prob. also my acctng package, word processor, and invoices. no problem at
> all. i personally think most of the hype is from people who want to sell
> new hardware, software, and alot of it at our (the taxpayers) expense.
>
> it sort of reminds me of the michealangelo scare a few years ago.
It looks to me like he needs data on it to convince his higher-ups that yes,
Linux /is/ can go to 2000 and well (32 years, anyway) beyond.

> aaa@netcom.com
>
> On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Jason Wilkins wrote:
> > I need documentation concerning Linux's year 2000 compliancy, can anyone
> > point me to it?
> >
> > Jason Wilkins

-=- James Mastros
--
K: A person is smart; people are dumb, panicky animals and you know it.
Fifteen hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center

-=- Men In Black (1997, Paramount)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.577 / U:0.872 seconds]