SubjectRe: Linux (free s/w) support
Date
> > If I were a Sun customer, with a support agreement/contract, I could say
> > to them "there's this rsh-ioctl problem and I need a fix" and if they don't
> > then they've got have a good reason why not. They may even supply me with
> > a "test-patch" (which don't get released to the general public). Basically
> > they answer to customer demand and posting things to bugtraq is not the same
> > as a customer with a problem logging a support call.
> And how much does this contract cost?

Don't bother. At ntli (cableol) we had near enough that kind of contract and
a huge pile of Sun kit. Sun still didnt fix the problem when raised that
way. We also had Digital spend 6 months deciding not to fix the fact their
pop3/sendmail setup lost email when disks filled.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.100 / U:0.096 seconds]