SubjectPNP for LT WinModem
Hi Andrew Mileski,

First, I'd like to thank you for providing very useful information on
the web. It helped to figure out or should i say try out things for the
modem i have.

so, i have the LT WinModem version 1.0.0.1, and downloaded Peter's
isapnptools-1.11 and got to the point where setserial /dev/modem (or
/dev/cua2 or /dev/ttyS1) says the following:

/dev/modem, UART: 16450, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3, Flag: spd_vhi

i also tried out with Flag: normal option as well.

now, the problem is that when i tried to dial out using ppp script, it
failed and say the following:
alarm
Connect script failed.

the ppp script has been tested on another machine, of course with non
pnp modem, and works fine.

it seems the script failed due to the time out.

anyway, the modem came with the new HP Pavillion computer. so, i wanted
to find out if LT WinModem can be used on Linux. I read the FAQ and it
mentioned about US Robotics and also IBM Apita but did not find one for
LT WinModem.
and also, in the peter's conf file, the LT WinModem is listed in the
card list.

thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you!

Sue Ryu trasim@worldnet.att.net
TraSim Inc. 201) 971-9801

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.034 / U:0.468 seconds]