SubjectRe: New UseNet Gateway under construction [OFFTOPIC]
Date
In <199705252144.XAA28672@IAEhv.nl> Perry.Rovers@IAEhv.nl (Perry Rovers) writes:

>I don't understand why you folks don't take the bofh.* approach. Recreate
>linux.* with a decent moderator address and special requirements. Run some
>bots on it and feed it only to clued in people. Newbies can still read the
>mailinglist and people who prefer the news-approacht can use that. Since
>lots of people on bofh.* are intersted in linux as well and/or run
>newsservers it shouldn't be too hard to get decent propagation and create
>a relevant bot.

If this were to be done, it would probably be wise to use a new
hierarchy name other than linux.*. The reason being that there are
thousands of news machines out there with linux.* already on them from
the old gatewaying, and this would probably make leak prevention much
more difficult, especially on incoming news. Yes, you can use !linux.*
in hosts.nntp on unsound incoming feeds but then you also have to
compile INN with don't remember junk turned on and not be keeping junk
otherwise if a legitimate article comes in from an unsound site then you
won't accept it when in comes in from a legitimate site.

--
Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.217 / U:1.280 seconds]