SubjectRe: 2.0.32: hard lockups with adaptec 2940U
Doug Ledford wrote:

> You might want to try my abort/reset patch for this driver. It's helped a
> lot of people so far, and unfortunately, since I run this patch exclusively
> on all of our machines, it's hard to debug the stock driver (I have several
> machines that won't keep running without this patch).

Tried the patch on the PPro machine today. The problem seems to be gone.
We did sort of a heavy duty test on the machine, like simultaneously
copying files from a CDROM, recording a CDR and scanning pictures with
XVscan.

I'll try the patch on the second P166 tonight and if it behaves well I'd
really like to see this patch to be included into the official driver
for future versions of the kernel.

Well done, indeed.

--
Matthias

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.919 / U:0.364 seconds]