SubjectRe: A small knfsd wart
Michael L. Galbraith wrote:
> This is part of what I was refering to.. no inheritance any more.
>
> U-nfsd doesn't display this behavior. Any fs under the exported path is
> accessable with the rights of the exported path.
>
> If I export /usr, /usr/local/src (different volume) is not accessable
> to the client. An attempt to explicitly export it leads to 'operation
> not permitted'. (exportfs makes an entry anyway.. but kernel ignores it.
> You have to clean out the bad export entries to get test consistency)

OK, now I understand the problem you posted. By design knfsd only
exports filesystems, not full mount trees. But you're supposed to be
able to separately export as many filesystems as you want.

So to replicate the problem I need to try exporting a fs that's normally
mounted on part of another export?

Regards,
Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.086 / U:0.936 seconds]