SubjectRe: Communicator crash; kill -9 won't remove (pre-10!)
--------
> OK, I had another communicator crash that kill -9 won't remove. No locked
> buffers, and strace acts funny.
>
> Here's all the debug output that I know how to generate. I'd be happy to
> provide anything else you need!:

Not to say there isn't something funny going on with this whole thing, but I
know that Netscape's web site points out that various things in the linux
communicator are known to have problems. Specifically, there are problems
with certain versions of libc. I used communicator with the libc from
RedHat-4.0 and RedHat-4.2 and it worked OK. Also, for the dynamically
linked version, plug ins are OK, but they crash the statically linked
version. FWIW, I also left Java disabled when I was running it (I went back
to 3.01 Gold since it seems to work better, can use plug ins, and uses less
RAM to boot).

* Doug Ledford * Unix, Novell, Dos, Windows 3.x, *
* dledford@dialnet.net 873-DIAL * WfW, Windows 95 & NT Technician *
* Springfield, MO and surrounding * Usenet news, e-mail and shell account.*
* communities. Sign-up online at * Web page creation and hosting, other *
* 873-9000 V.34 * services available, call for info. *

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:1.176 / U:0.200 seconds]