Subjectblock "ide" device drivers
Hi,

I'm sorry if this message is out of place but at this point my brain is
about to exploid.
I'm trying to understand how the ide device driver works. What kernel
source code files should I look at and almost as importantly in which
order. I've started to look over ide.c but it contains functions which
are called from somewhere within the kernel. I"m interested in
understanding when, why and how these functions are called. I going
through the code is the only way I'm ever going to truely understand
what is going on. I would to construct a flowchart with decribes how
the ide driver work. I think this will help me to understand the code
and how the different parts of it tie together.

Thanks : )
Scott Gray

Again, I'm sorry if I've intruded on your list.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.029 / U:0.924 seconds]