SubjectRe^2: Telnet does not work in 2.0.10 ??

David Dight wrote:
>Works fine on our system. We're running 2.0.10. We can telnet to and from
>the system with no problems. Check your net setup.

I have Caldera setup at home and noticed that the routing table did not
have a route for the 127.0.0.0 network. I checked the network setup files
and found that when it called the route add command,it was calling it with
"route add -net 127.0.0.1", and it should be using "route add -net
127.0.0.0".
I also noticed that (since I had upgraded to kerneld and kernel loadable
modules, I did not have an alias for the loop-back device to the dummy.o
so whenever a call was made to the lo device, it was going to the bit
bucket.

Check these things -- might be how Caldera and their route binary works.

Dan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.051 / U:0.260 seconds]