SubjectRe: Ext2 Problem

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996 Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:

> aeb:
> No, it is unfortunate that it is needed, but the only clean solution
> is just to tell the kernel what the type of the rootfs is.
> And it is no big deal - just one line in lilo.conf.

I like the patch. However, I'd be even happier if somebody made the minix-fs
detection a bit more robust. Essentially, it should also load the root
inode, check that it's a directory, and possibly even check that the
first entries are "." and "..".

Any chance of somebody looking into this?

Linus

I could have a look at it tonight, postponing the SCSI patch by a day.
Sounds a bit messy, however, especially if the fs turns out to be non-minix
and we have to undo/invalidate all that was done.
This is a very minor problem (strange, nobody ever complained that I noticed,
and now we have three cases in one week) and not worth a lot of code.

Andries

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.034 / U:0.240 seconds]