SubjectRe: using more than 1 ethernet-cards ?
> Date:          Wed, 6 Mar 1996 09:27:19 -0500 (EST)
> From: Hasdi R Hashim <hasdi@umich.edu>
> To: linux-kernel@morticia.physics.colostate.edu
> Subject: Re: using more than 1 ethernet-cards ?

> >From Alan Cox <alan@cymru.ne>, 5 Mar 1996
> > > In the same vein, I'm trying to use 2 NE2000 clones, but only
> > > one gets recognized. (The one with the first IO address.)
> >
> > Read the ETHERNET-HOWTO people
> >

> I lost track of how many times people ask about using multiple
> ethernet cards. Somebody better tell slackware or other distributors
> to tell users where to look up for more information in short screen
> somewhere during installation.
>
> This is probably for c.o.l.d.a but maybe somebody could write
> something like Windows 95 "tips of the day". Should be fairly easy,
> just put 'fortune' in /etc/profile and add another fortune file. Of
> course, somebody has to write that file down....
>
> Later,
>
> Hasdi

Maybe a better idea would to find a way for the kernel to auto-probe
for the additional cards????? Slackware does tell you to read the
how-to files in most of the documentation. Maybe the people find it
easier to write here than to read the documents.

I have found that if you really do read the How-to's they are very
informative.

If I get some time I'll look into auto-probing for multiple cards
I feel this would be a great addition to have.

Burgo (:

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.034 / U:0.480 seconds]