SubjectKernel v1.2.13 won't compile
I've tried to recompile my kernel for a couple of days now.  I use the
following commands from the /usr/src/linuxelf-1.2.13 directory.

make mrproper
make config
make dep
make clean
make (at this point I have used zlilo, zImage, and vmlinux)

each time I try these commands, the kernel does compile into a file
named vmlinux in the current directory, with rwxr-xr-x rights on it.
When I try to rerun lilo using this file as a kernel image it tells me
"kernel /vmlinux too large" I need help with the make config so I can
make it small enough to compile.

My current working kernel is /vmlinuz v1.2.13 and is 455802 bytes. It
is compressed, and I would like to know how to create another compressed
image out of a newly compile image.

The machine is a 486SX-25 w/ 8MB RAM, and a 16MB swap file. My linux
partition is /dev/hdb1, and swap /dev/hdb2. LILO works fine at this
time, and i'll attach my lilo.conf files to this e-mail

Thanks in advance.
Sam Umbach
umbachm@potomac.net
[unhandled content-type:application/x-sh]# LILO configuration file
# generated by 'liloconfig'
#
# Start LILO global section
boot = /dev/hda
#compact # faster, but won't work on all systems.
default = dos
prompt
timeout = 50
vga = normal # force sane state
#ramdisk = 0 # paranoia setting
message = /boot/lilo.msg.hda
#verbose = 5
# End LILO global section
# Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz
root = /dev/hdb1
label = linux
alias = 1
read-only # Non-UMSDOS filesystems should be mounted read-only for checking
image = /vmlinuz.safe
root = /dev/hdb1
label = safe
alias = 4
read-only
# Linux bootable partition config ends
# DOS bootable partition config begins
other = /dev/hda1
label = dos
alias = 2
table = /dev/hda
# DOS bootable partition config ends

other = /dev/fd0
label = floppy
alias = 3
unsafe
# LILO configuration file
# generated by 'liloconfig'
#
# Start LILO global section
boot = /dev/fd0
#compact # faster, but won't work on all systems.
prompt
timeout = 50
vga = normal # force sane state
#ramdisk = 0 # paranoia setting
message = /boot/lilo.msg.fd0
#verbose = 5
# End LILO global section
# Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz
root = /dev/hdb1
label = linux
alias = 1
read-only # Non-UMSDOS filesystems should be mounted read-only for checking
image = /vmlinuz.safe
root = /dev/hdb1
label = safe
alias = 4
read-only
# Linux bootable partition config ends
# DOS bootable partition config begins
other = /dev/hda1
label = dos
alias = 2
table = /dev/hda
# DOS bootable partition config ends

other = /dev/hda
label = harddrive
alias = 3

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.039 / U:0.612 seconds]