    SubjectRe: EIDE more reliable than SCSI?

    I've only used one -- a 2224, I think -- and I agree, but I didn't
    have a SCSI tape on it. Why would a large queue on the controller
    impact the problem?

    Is there anything peculiar about tapes or CDROM writers?

    The tape drive I'm using, BTW, is an Archive Viper that worked like a
    jewel on a Sun. I wonder if this isn't a hardware problem with Intel
    based generic boards?

    -- Jay