    Subject: Re: Ping with a 65510 bytes pack
    Author: Shinanyaku <> at Internet
    Date: 18/10/96 18:52

    Bruno Kraychete da Costa was heard saying ....
    > When a friend of mine, using a Win95 workstation, issued the ping
    > command using a pack of 65510 bytes and addressed to my Linux 2.0.22, it
    > simply rebooted. On the second time he issued that command, all the
    > process stopped because of a general protection 000, including the agetty
    > processes.

    Everybody try this and lock up your linux system? I did. It works as
    reported except it didn't reboot my box, just lock it up solid-like.

    Another Mailing List personality of Nicholas J. Leon

    [ ]

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.017 / U:29.360 seconds]