SubjectRe: FW: Patch for supprting thermal of using drivetemp module
From
On 3/15/23 03:49, Phinex Hung wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> I have a patch to support thermal zone so that we can just rely on dts to describe a thermal zone and do the cooling operations.
>
> To do this, I first modify drivetemp.c to support platform driver depending on THERMAL_OF and then try to support multiple sensors using a single thermal zone.

First of all, this is not how to submit patches into the Linux kernel.
Please consult the documentation.

Second, the driver registers its sensors with the hwmon core using
HWMON_C_REGISTER_TZ, which should already result in its registration
as thermal zone. If that does not work, please figure out why and
fix it instead of re-implementing thermal zone registration in
the driver.

Thanks,
Guenter

  Last update: 2023-03-27 01:01    [W:0.057 / U:0.024 seconds]