    Subject[RFC patch 0/5] Per cpu thread hotplug infrastructure
    The following series implements the infrastructure for parking and
    unparking kernel threads to avoid the full teardown and fork on cpu
    hotplug operations along with management infrastructure for hotplug
    and users.

    I've converted the most obvious (and simple) users ksoftirqd and
    watchdog along with a driver (the latter is untested due to lack of

    Looking at the other (ab)users of per cpu kernel threads:

    - drivers/* should be rather trivial to convert all users

    - RCU needs more thought, but I'm sure that Paul will figure it out
    in no time :)

    The main issue with RCU are the per node threads, but it should be
    simple to extend the infrastructure to allow registration and
    handling of per node threads as well.

    - workqueues. I did not even try to think about converting it. The
    hotplug related code in there causes strong feelings related to
    zombies and chainsaws. (See

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-06-13 13:41    [W:0.025 / U:1.968 seconds]