    SubjectRe: exit_mmap BUG_ON in 2.6.23 (and Add qdisc __NET_XMIT_STOLEN)
    On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 22:27 -0700, Sam Portolla wrote:

    > Yes, thanks I had looked at the kernel code and know how transmit
    > timeouts come to be in normal cases. The driver specifies a timeout
    > period to the network layer, along with a callback function to call in
    > case of Tx timeout so the driver can do error handling which is
    > typically to reset the driver (and this happened in the case of the
    > BNX2 linux driver our system uses as well). Above I had asked some
    > specific questions with regards to whether a known bug w/ qdisc could
    > stop the Tx Q's to the device and thereby cause traffic timeouts. Also
    > it seems from the email thread on the patch I had mentioned above that
    > the qdisc issue can cause memory corruption, which could then tie it
    > in with the BUG_ON in exit_mmap() which Hugh had previously commented
    > on. I am hoping the engineers who fixed the QDISC issue can comment on
    > the former and Hugh can comment on the BUG_ON again. Regards.

    The commit you mention is about a very unusual use of qdiscs.
    I really doubt it is your problem.
    Most advanced tc users probably wont stick with 2.6.23 kernels.

    Please post :

    tc -s -d qdisc

    And for all your network devices :

    for DEV in eth0 eth1 eth2
    tc -s -d class show dev $DEV

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-05-26 09:21    [W:0.052 / U:6.724 seconds]