SubjectDT support for input-supply of regulator.
Hi Mark,
When mapping the dts file for different regulator, observe that the
input input-supply is not getting correctly.

I have following structure in the dts file for registering the regulators:

pmu: tps65910@d2 {
compatible = "ti,tps65910";
reg = <0xd2>;

#gpio-cells = <2>;
gpio-controller;
::::::::::

regulators {
vdd1_reg: vdd1 {
regulator-min-microvolt = < 600000>;
regulator-max-microvolt = <1500000>;
};
vdd2_reg: vdd2 {
regulator-min-microvolt = < 600000>;
regulator-max-microvolt = <1500000>;
vin-supply = <&vdd1_reg>
};
};
};

Now the regulator vdd1 get register properly, but when looking for the
registration for vdd2, it is not able to identify the
init_data->supply_regulator as we do not parse it.
So for this, I added the code in case on such
In function of_get_regulation_constraints()
if (of_find_property(np, "vin-supply", NULL))
(*init_data)->supply_regulator = "vin";

So when vdd2 registration happen, it looks for the vin-supply.

But when it looks for the device node containing this regulator, it
starts searching of the props from the dev_node of parent device i.e.
pmu: tps65910@d2 and in search, it does not found the vin-supply
property. It got property for compatible reg, gpio_cell, gpio-controller
and then no more property.

Is there any issue in laying down the regulator structure?

Thanks,
Laxman

  Last update: 2012-05-18 20:41    [W:0.080 / U:0.224 seconds]