Subjectbrcmsmac driver is ghost in 3.3
I spent the better part of my day trying to get my bcm4313 wlan card
to work with the new kernel to little success. I used to use brcmsmac
with the old 3.2 kernel, but it was somehow excluded when I did my
'make silentoldconfig'.

I chose b43 because I couldn't find brcmsmac anywhere in nconfig
anymore. device drivers -> network devices -> wireless lan -> ???..
After fiddling around a while, I looked into my .config and searched
for the symbol, and sure enough, it was there! CONFIG_BRCMSMAC is not
set.

That's strange. I get back on nconfig and do a symbol search and find
that it should be in devices drivers -> network devices -> wireless
lan. I go check a 2nd time and it's right there! Broadcom SoftMac
driver! .. I tried enabling it and saving the config. I peaked at the
.config file again, and the symbol was _gone_ .. (??) I got back on
nconfig and the option was no longer there as well.

  Last update: 2012-04-03 06:53    [W:0.870 / U:0.008 seconds]