    SubjectQuestion about disk I/O erros statistic
    Date
    Hello
    I have a question about checking disk I/O errors on linux:

    So, I used a solaris OS from oracle for a last period of time and found that it has a interesting option of iostat: -e and -E keys that
    shows HW and SW errors of disk usage, like this:

    from solaris man:

    -e Display device error summary statistics. The
    total errors, hard errors, soft errors, and
    transport errors are displayed.

    -E Display all device error statistics.

    # iostat -e
    ---- errors ---
    device s/w h/w trn tot
    dad1 0 0 0 0
    dad2 0 0 0 0
    sd1 0 0 1 1
    nfs1 0 0 0 0
    nfs6 0 0 0 0

    # iostat -E

    dad1 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
    Model: XXXXXXXX Revision: 8.01 Serial No: XXXXXXXX
    Size: XXX.00GB <XXX bytes>
    Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
    Illegal Request: 0

    sd1 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 1
    Vendor: XXXXX Product: CDW/DVD XXXX Revision: XXXX Serial No:XXXX
    Size: 0.00GB <0 bytes>
    Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
    Illegal Request: 1 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0

    So, this is the great info that is very useful for many purposes, but it is not available on linux(((( Does anybody knows why?
    Is any existing solution on linux that supports this features?

    Bye, Igor

      Last update: 2012-03-16 18:35    [W:0.019 / U:29.704 seconds]