SubjectRe: [RFD] cgroup: about multiple hierarchies
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 03:59:44PM +0800, Li Zefan wrote:
> > Trying to make all the controllers uniform in terms of their treatment
> > of cgroup hiearchy sounds like a good thing to do.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Apart from nesting cgroups, there're other inconsistencies.
>
> - Some controllers disallow more than one cgroup layer. That's the new
> net_prio controller, and I don't know why it's made so, but I guess
> it's fine to eliminate this restriction.

You mean don't allow creating deeper levels in cgroup hierarcy? That will
fail with libvirt + systemd as they create much deeper levels. I had to
change that for blkio.

> - Some controllers move resource charges when a task is moved to
> a different cgroup, but some don't?

I think in case of some controllers it does not even apply. For cpu, blkio
resources are renewable, so there is no moving around of charges.

Thanks
Vivek

  Last update: 2012-02-23 21:35    [W:0.265 / U:0.608 seconds]