    SubjectRe: [RFD] cgroup: about multiple hierarchies
    > Trying to make all the controllers uniform in terms of their treatment
    > of cgroup hiearchy sounds like a good thing to do.

    Apart from nesting cgroups, there're other inconsistencies.

    - Some controllers disallow more than one cgroup layer. That's the new
    net_prio controller, and I don't know why it's made so, but I guess
    it's fine to eliminate this restriction.

    - Some controllers move resource charges when a task is moved to
    a different cgroup, but some don't?

    - Some controllers disallow task attaching under some circumstances.
    So if we have a single hierarchy with all subsystems, the chance
    that attaching a task to a cgroup fails may be bigger.

    > Once that is done,
    > one can probably see if it is worth to put all the controllers in a
    > single hierarchy.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-02-23 09:13    [W:0.019 / U:18.376 seconds]