    SubjectHow is dmaengine_prep_slave_single supposed to be used?

    I've tried using dmaengine_prep_slave_single in one of my drivers an run
    into an issue, the dma_address attribute of the sg element is not
    initialized and thus the dma transfer and the DMA transfer fails.

    Quoting from Documentation/dmaengine.txt:

    The peripheral driver is expected to have mapped the scatterlist for
    the DMA operation prior to calling device_prep_slave_sg, and must
    keep the scatterlist mapped until the DMA operation has completed.

    So this is clearly not the case with dmaengine_prep_slave_single, so I'm
    wondering how is ut supposed to be used and can it work properly at all?

    - Lars

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-01-27 15:35    [W:0.022 / U:239.944 seconds]