SubjectFloating point problems on UML - help needed

Gunnar reported that some Java program does not work proper within
After looking closer at the problem I was able to reduce it to a small C
program. (Program is attached.)

It looks like FPU registers get sometimes lost after switching between
two or more threads.
It also happens not always, that's why my test program contains a
infinite loop. After a few million iterations the program abort()s.

I can reproduce the issue on both x86 and x86_64, the host's or UML's
kernel version does not matter.
I've tested 2.6.18 to 3.1-rc2.

Interestingly the problem occurs not on my old Pentium 4 machines.
One P4 has HT the other not.
Only "newer" CPUs are affected.

First I thought it's a race in _switch_to(), but adding
unblock/block_signals() did not help.
Currently I'm running out of ideas.
I'm not an expert in this area of UML. :-(

Any idea what goes wrong here?

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <pthread.h>