SubjectMicroblaze, DMA and cache: Lack of sync functions?
Hello,

Before I make a needless hack, please correct me if I'm wrong: in
arch/microblaze/kernel/dma.c, the sync_single_for_cpu,
sync_single_for_device and friends are not set in the dma_direct_ops
structure (and not implemented), so calls from drivers to the
corresponding functions will do nothing. Since the Microblaze cache
doesn't update automatically on DMA operations, this looks like a bug to
me: The driver thinks the cache has been flushed or updated, but it
actually hasn't.

Map and unmap methods are indeed implemented and registered, and they
both call an internal function to sync the cache. So why are there no
sync functions?

To hack or not to hack?

Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il

  Last update: 2011-08-13 12:25    [W:0.032 / U:0.092 seconds]