SubjectRFC: default group_isolation to 1, remove option
Hi Vivek,

I'd like to propose removing the group_isolation setting and changing
the default to 1. Do we know if anyone is using group_isolation=0 to get
easy group separation between sequential readers and random readers?

Allowing group_isolation complicates implementing per-cgroup request
descriptor pools when a queue is moved to the root group. Specifically,
if we have pools per-cgroup, we would be forced to use request
descriptors from the pool for the "original" cgroup, while the requests
are actually being serviced by the root cgroup.

That might be acceptable, but I figured this would be a good opportunity
to revisit keeping queues within their original groups.

I know this discussion has come up before. I'm curious if we have a good
reason to keep it around right now. I'd be happy to do some investigation
to help make my case.

Thanks,
Justin

  Last update: 2011-03-01 01:23    [W:0.354 / U:0.584 seconds]