SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com> wrote:

> Ahh, sorry for the noise. I realize that we already have a winner, namely,
> the proposal outlined in your message I was responding to.

No, no, don't consider my "put in the merge message" a winner at all.

I personally dislike it, and don't really think it's a wonderful thing
at all. I really does have real downsides:

- internal signatures really *are* a disaster for maintenance. You
can never fix them if they need fixing (and "need fixing" may well be
"you want to re-sign things after a repository format change")

- they are ugly as heck, and you really don't want to see them in
99.999% of all cases.

So putting those things iin the merge commit message may have some
upsides, but it has tons of downsides too.

I think your refs/audit/ idea should be given real thought, because
maybe that's the right idea.

Linus

  Last update: 2011-11-03 20:13    [W:0.858 / U:0.160 seconds]