Subject[drm:radeon_dp_i2c_aux_ch] *ERROR* aux i2c too many retries, giving up
Hello,

Please cc me in any replies as I'm not subscribed.

When booting a 3.1.0-rc10 kernel, right at the start I get an error
message printed to the screen:

[drm:radeon_dp_i2c_aux_ch] *ERROR* aux i2c too many retries, giving up

It's a quad core computer and it prints it 4 times. On another computer
which is a dual core it prints the message twice. Both computers have
Radeon graphics cards which need firmware compiled into the kernel to
work. This computer uses BARTS_mc.bin, BARTS_me.bin, BARTS_pfp.bin and
BTC_rlc.bin. The kitchen computer uses REDWOOD_rlc.bin, REDWOOD_pfp.bin
and REDWOOD_me.bin. Both computers seem to be working fine as far as I
can see. Is this error message something to be concerned about? I
thought the radeon driver uses i2c to enable sensors to report the
temperature of the card, but that seems to be working fine. I boot with
the quite command line argument and it gets rid of most kernel output,
but not these error messages. Is there some way I can get rid of these
alarming messages? Some kernel option that will make them just complain
to the kernel log? Or is there some option I should enable to keep the
radeon i2c whatever it is happy?

Andy

  Last update: 2011-10-19 20:31    [W:0.024 / U:0.928 seconds]