SubjectRe: [git pull] drm intel only fixes
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:

> Ah, ok.  So it could be our internal FDI link is underrunning; it goes
> between the CPU and PCH and carries display bits.

I'm not sure it's an underrun or anything like that: the corruption is
long-term in the non-video case. So I take back the "looks like memory
bandwidth problems", because it really looks more like a corrupted
blit operation there.

> Are these both desktop type machines with DVI attached monitors?

DVI on the Core i5, plain analog VGA on the sandybridge one (I can
hear you asking "Why?". Because the silly intel motherboard doesn't
_have_ DVI out, and I didn't have a hdmi cable)

> If it's an FDI or transcoder problem, something like the below may give
> us more info.

See above. It's long-term, it was just the video behavior that made me
originally think it was temporary.

> Can you take a picture of the corruption?

Will do. I'll have to reboot to the broken kernel (my bisection ended
in a non-broken case)

Linus