SubjectRe: [git pull] drm intel only fixes
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:

> Wow. That should have had zero visible impact upon the rendering. All it
> should have done is reorder the sequence in which we pin the buffers into
> the GTT before applying the relocations, just to allow some pathological
> execbuffers.
>
> Just the SNB machine?

No. I just checked. Reverting that commit on my other machine makes
that TED video on my Core i5 machine look fine too.

So it's definitely the same bug on both Sandybridge and Core-i5 (I
guess that's "Ironlake" in the crazy intel codename naming), just two
slightly different symptoms. And I worried a bit that my bisect was
bogus, but with the revert clearing it up on the other machine, I'm
confident the bisect was good too.

On my sandybridge machine, the corruption happens already at the gdm
login screen, which is why I used that one to bisect things. I'm
including a (bad) photo taken with my cellphone of what the corruption
looks like - see how the "sandybridge.linux-foundation.org" machine
name text has been corrupted, and obviously my name (and the "e" in
Other). And that blue rounded rectangle should contain "Log in as
torvalds" or something like that, but instead it's clear.

Linus
[unhandled content-type:image/jpeg]

  Last update: 2011-01-13 00:09    [W:0.064 / U:0.156 seconds]