SubjectRe: ioctl definition - has it changed recently?
On 17.08.2010 15:18, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

>> I do not know how to find them. :-(
>
> git log -p -S"unlocked_ioctl"

Thanks a lot.

>>> It seems different. How to change it? Now it works, I built it without
>>> your remarks, exactly how I described on my blog:
>>>
>>> http://phosowicz.jogger.pl/2010/08/15/nvidia-graphics-in-fresh-kernels/
>>
>> Ok, as I wrote the prototypes differ. What should I do with the inode
>> parameter?
>
> It's normally not needed.

It seems so because the implementation nowwhere refers to the inode
parameter. But I guess it won't be OK to just remove this parameter from
the declaraion and the implemetation because some other NVidia code may
refer to this parameter, pass it and so on. Potentially scrambling
(spoiling) the parameter stack.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

> If you do need it, use file->f_path.dentry->d_inode.

Ok, as I said - it is nowhere used. So this is not a problem.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Na przyjęciu chłopak pyta blondynkę: