SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
On 03/22/2010 09:32 AM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Avi Kivity<avi@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On 03/22/2010 02:44 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>>
>>> This is why i consider that line of argument rather dishonest ...
>>>
>> I am not going to reply to any more email from you on this thread.
>>
> Because i pointed out that i consider a line of argument intellectually
> dishonest?
>
> I did not say _you_ as a person are dishonest - doing that would be an ad
> honimen attack against your person. (In fact i dont think you are, to the
> contrary)
>
> An argument can certainly be labeled dishonest in a fair discussion and it is
> not a personal attack against you to express my opinion about that.

You're being excessively rude in this thread. That might be acceptable
on LKML but it's not how the QEMU and KVM communities behave. This
thread is a good example of why LKML has the reputation it has. Avi and
I argue all of the time on qemu-devel and kvm-devel and it's never
degraded into a series of personal attacks like this.

I've been trying very hard to turn this into a productive thread
attempting to capture your feedback and give clear suggestions about how
you can solve achieve your desired functionality.

What are you looking to achieve? To you just want to piss and moan
about how terrible you think Avi and I are? Or do you want to try to
actually help make things better?

If you want to help make things better, please focus on making
constructive suggestions and clarifying what you see as requirements.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

  Last update: 2010-03-22 15:47    [W:1.397 / U:0.112 seconds]