    SubjectLinux 2.6.36
    So it's a week later than I wanted (plus all the days that added up
    from me having a few 8-day weeks during this release window), but it's
    out there now.

    The delay means that the merge window that opens now would cover the
    upcoming kernel summit. However, I really hope that everybody sends me
    their patches and pull requests _before_ KS even starts. And if you're
    affected by the kernel summit you probably won't have time during it
    to finalize anything that week anyway, especially for those staying
    for plumbers afterwards, and...

    So I'm going to hope that we could perhaps even do the 2.6.37 -rc1
    release and close the merge window the Sunday before KS opens. Since
    2.6.36 was longer than usual (at least it felt that way), I wouldn't
    mind having a 2.6.37 that is shorter than usual.

    But holler if this really screws up any plans. Ten days instead of two
    weeks? Let's see if it's even reasonably realistic.

    Anyway, I'm appending the shortlog since -rc8. At least it's
    noticeably shorter than the -rc7 and -rc8 logs were, and most of it
    really is pretty small.

    For the bigger picture of changes since 2.6.35, see for example

    but it may be worth pointing out that we ended up disabling the new
    fanotify system calls because people were still unsure about the
    interfaces. Better let the interface discussion cook a bit longer than
    release with a bad interface that we need to redo.

    Al Viro (5):
    MIPS: Don't block signals if we'd failed to setup a sigframe
    MIPS: secure_computing, syscall audit: syscall number should in
    r2, not r0.
    MIPS: Sanitize restart logics
    MIPS: Fix error values in case of bad_stack
    MIPS: do_sigaltstack() expects userland pointers

    Alex Deucher (1):
    drm/radeon/kms: avivo cursor workaround applies to evergreen as well

    Amit Shah (1):
    virtio: console: Don't block entire guest if host doesn't read data

    Antonio Ospite (2):
    HID: hidraw, fix a NULL pointer dereference in hidraw_ioctl
    HID: hidraw, fix a NULL pointer dereference in hidraw_write

    Avi Kivity (1):
    KVM: Fix fs/gs reload oops with invalid ldt

    Clemens Ladisch (1):
    ALSA: rawmidi: fix oops (use after free) when unloading a driver module

    Dan Carpenter (1):
    ps3disk: passing wrong variable to bvec_kunmap_irq()

    Daniel Mack (2):
    Input: evdev - fix Ooops in EVIOCGABS/EVIOCSABS
    Input: evdev - fix EVIOCSABS regression

    David Daney (2):
    MIPS: Repair Kbuild make clean breakage.
    MIPS: jz4740: Fix Kbuild Platform file.

    [SCSI] bsg: fix incorrect device_status value
    uml: fix build

    François Jaouen (1):
    HID: Add Cando touch screen 15.6-inch product id

    Jon Povey (1):
    i2c-davinci: Fix TX setup for more SoCs

    Julia Lawall (1):
    SERIAL: ioc3_serial: Return -ENOMEM on memory allocation failure

    Kyle McMartin (4):
    m32r: restore _BLOCKABLE
    m32r: get_user takes an lvalue, not a pointer
    m32r: add kernel/.gitignore and ignore
    m32r: test __LITTLE_ENDIAN__ instead of __LITTLE_ENDIAN

    Linus Torvalds (4):
    Export dump_{write,seek} to binary loader modules
    De-pessimize rds_page_copy_user
    v4l1: fix 32-bit compat microcode loading translation
    Linux 2.6.36

    Marc Kleine-Budde (1):
    i2c-imx: do not allow interruptions when waiting for I2C to complete

    Martin K. Petersen (1):
    [SCSI] Fix VPD inquiry page wrapper

    Michel Thebeau (1):
    MIPS: O32 compat/N32: Fix to use compat syscall wrappers for AIO syscalls.

    Namhyung Kim (2):
    MIPS: 32-bit: Fix build failure in asm/fcntl.h
    MIPS: Enable ISA_DMA_API config to fix build failure

    Ohad Ben-Cohen (1):
    mmc: sdio: fix SDIO suspend/resume regression

    Pierre BAILLY (1):
    HID: Add MULTI_INPUT quirk for turbox/mosart touchscreen

    Ralf Baechle (1):
    MAINTAINERS: Change list for ioc_serial to linux-serial.

    Salman Qazi (1):
    hrtimer: Preserve timer state in remove_hrtimer()

    Sascha Hauer (1):
    mxc_nand: do not depend on disabling the irq in the interrupt handler

    Stefan Richter (1):
    firewire: ohci: fix TI TSB82AA2 regression since 2.6.35

    Tejun Heo (1):
    ubd: fix incorrect sector handling during request restart

    Wu Zhangjin (1):
    MIPS: Remove all generated vmlinuz* files on "make clean"

      Last update: 2010-10-20 23:05    [W:0.026 / U:62.316 seconds]