Subjectdemand driven memory allocation
Hi,

I have implemented a PCIe device using an Xilinx Virtex 5 device. I have an A/D controller sampling an RF signal based on the incoming signal level. These samples are transferred to the computer via the FPGA. I have implemented scatter-gather DMA using a DMA parameter (Page address and size) FIFO where a page table can be programmed where the incoming data would go. The device supports a programmable interrupt period where, once N number of pages are filled in the PC memory, an interrupt would be triggered and the new DMA parameters could be loaded in to the free memory in the FIFO. I can allocate a large enough number of pages in the kernel for the signal to be captured. I would like to create a pointer that the user mode programs can access using the pages that has got all the received signal. I want to have the user mode application progressing this data buffer while the next set of pages from my kernel page pool is getting filled.

I am wondering if anyone could suggest me the best way to address this situation. I have implemented the mmap(). However, as I understand it, the length of the memory block need to be known to call mmap().

Thanks and regards,

Sanka Piyaratna

See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now: http://au.movies.yahoo.com/session-times/

  Last update: 2010-01-07 14:13    [W:0.025 / U:0.372 seconds]