    SubjectRe: New MMC maintainer needed
    On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:17:44 -0700
    Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > Thanks, Pierre.
    >
    > Until and unless someone else steps up I can act as maintainer of last
    > resort for MMC. As I'm presently doing for fbdev, hwmon, rtc, spi,
    > gpio, i2o and about 1000 other identifiable subsystems.

    I'm not falling of the face of the earth here, so people can still cc
    me on MMC patches, although I probably cannot answer all of them. I
    don't want to be the bottle neck that keeps MMC patches and discussions
    moving at a glacial speed, which is the situation we're in today.

    > Fortunately, MMC doesn't appear to have its own mailing list so I'll
    > actually get to see the patches. I do monitor a couple of
    > subsystem-specific lists (fbdev, hwmon) but the delays can be awful - a
    > month or two.

    MMC discussions tend to often be very system specific, which makes
    lists such as the arm kernel list more appropriate. Also, I've always
    tried to steer people to LKML as it allows others to keep a casual eye
    on things.

    Rgds
    --
    -- Pierre Ossman

    WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
    Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
    for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
    encryption.

      Last update: 2009-07-28 22:23    [W:0.021 / U:60.584 seconds]