SubjectNew MMC maintainer needed
I'm afraid the time has come for me to step down as maintainer for the
MMC/SD/SDIO subsystem and for someone else to take over the rudder. It
is no secret that I haven't been able to give the maintainer role the
resources it required, and as a result it has gone from being a fun
hobby to a burdensome chore. I was hoping it was a temporary slump, but
this has been the norm for over a year now, so it's time for me to
throw in the towel.

I don't have any clear nominees for a replacement, but if you feel that
you are in a position to take over the maintainer role then please
raise your hand.

I only have a few patches in my queue right now and I can push those
off to Linus before I quit. There are however a lot of unhandled
messages that need attention. I can provide a list once a successor has
been named.

I realise that you have put a lot of time and effort into the patches
you send me and I am truly sorry that I haven't been able to handle
them better. Hopefully me stepping down means that we get someone who
can actually take care of everything in a timely manner.

I haven't decided what to do with the sdhci maintainership yet. Right
now I only know I need a break and freeing myself from the MMC
maintainer role is the first step. Hopefully I can return as a
developer in the future.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.

  Last update: 2009-07-14 15:39    [W:0.232 / U:0.800 seconds]