SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.30.2: does not boot

* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> [2009-07-20 11:16]:
> Hmm. So you _had_ a working self-compiled 2.6.30 kernel at some point?

Yes, my case is very similar to the one described by Kiko Piris, and
I also think this is getting off topic.

> One thing to look out for is that a compiler upgrade/downgrade will be
> invisible to the kernel build system, so if you downgrade the compiler
> and recompile, you may not actually recompile things at all.

I tried the bisect with the same compiler and then for other tests
I recompiled from scratch each time on a tmpfs to make sure I was not
messing things up. On this machine, ccache is not used.

So I am suspecting a recent glibc or binutils upgrade (gcc downgrade did
not solve the problem) and even if some people noticed problems with
2.6.30.2, my issue seems different and only distro-related.

--
Damien Wyart

  Last update: 2009-07-20 22:33    [W:0.096 / U:0.040 seconds]