    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.30.2: does not boot
    On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:16:17 -0700 (PDT) Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > Why? Many distro's use ccache, and so you may actually get a cached object
    > file from a previous compile (with a previous compiler). Now, ccache is
    > pretty good at noticing when things change, and I can well imagine that it
    > also checks the compiler version (in addition to checking the hash of the
    > preprocessed output and build flags etc), but I haven't double-checked.
    >
    > So to make doubly sure that you really don't end up using cached object
    > files, you might want to run "ccache -C".

    ccache includes, in the hash of the preprocessed file, "the real compilers
    size and modification time", so will probably notice an upgrade or
    downgrade of the compiler.

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

      Last update: 2009-07-21 02:17    [W:2.731 / U:0.020 seconds]