    SubjectLinux 2.6.30

    As mentioned last week, -rc8 was the last -rc, and there really isn't any
    point in delaying the real release any more.

    I'm sure we've missed something, and I know we have some regressions
    pending. At the same time, we do need the coverage of a eral release, and
    on the whole it looks pretty good. We've fixed a few regressions in the
    last few days, and there's always 2.6.30.x.

    The appended shortlog from 2.6.29-rc8 is not very interesting, but it's
    about as good as it gets. Not a lot of changes (just 72 non-merges,
    according to git rev-list), and most of those are pretty small and
    trivial. We're talking mostly one-liners, with just a couple of them
    standing out (in fact, just mainly the DPMS handling cleanup in
    drm_crtc_helper.c)

    As to the whole set of changes since 2.6.29, the best place to look is
    probably just

    http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_30

    as usual. One thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned there is that we're
    hopefully now done with the suspend/resume irq re-architecting, and have
    switched to a new world order. Although I suspect lots of details will
    still change, of course.

    And as usual, I'll wait a day or two before really opening the merge
    window. I want people to actually test this one rather than immediately
    sending me "please pull" requests. Deal?

    Linus

    ---
    Adam Jackson (1):
    drm: ignore EDID with really tiny modes.

    Al Viro (1):
    ext3/4 with synchronous writes gets wedged by Postfix

    Alan Cox (3):
    ivtv: Fix PCI DMA direction
    [libata] pata_ali: Use IGN_SIMPLEX
    pata_netcell: Fix typo

    Alessandro Rubini (1):
    [ARM] 5543/1: arm: serial amba: add missing declaration in serial.h

    Anand Gadiyar (1):
    omap_hsmmc: Trivial fix for a typo in comment

    Avi Kivity (2):
    KVM: Explicity initialize cpus_hardware_enabled
    kvm: fix kvm reboot crash when MAXSMP is used

    Ben Nizette (1):
    mmc/omap: Use disable_irq_nosync() from within irq handlers.

    Ben Skeggs (1):
    drm: don't associate _DRM_DRIVER maps with a master

    Chris Mason (1):
    Btrfs: Fix oops and use after free during space balancing

    Dave Airlie (2):
    drm: fix irq naming for kms drivers.
    drm/radeon: fix ring free alignment calculations

    Dave Jones (1):
    [CPUFREQ] powernow-k8: check space_id of _PCT registers to be FFH

    Dave Liu (1):
    sdhci-of: Fix the wrong accessor to HOSTVER register

    Eric Anholt (1):
    drm/i915: Remove a bad BUG_ON in the fence management code.

    Eric Dumazet (1):
    r8169: fix crash when large packets are received

    Eric Lammerts (1):
    fix oops when using console=ttymxcN with N > 0

    FUJITA Tomonori (1):
    bsg: setting rq->bio to NULL

    Hugh Dickins (1):
    integrity: fix IMA inode leak

    Ian Kent (1):
    autofs4: remove hashed check in validate_wait()

    James Bottomley (1):
    pata_legacy: wait for async probing

    Jan Kara (1):
    jbd: fix race in buffer processing in commit code

    Jaswinder Singh Rajput (2):
    drm/i915: intel_lvds.c fix section mismatch
    MIPS: ioctl.h: Fix headers_check warnings

    Jonathan Cameron (1):
    [ARM] pxa/imote2: fix UCAM sensor board ADC model number

    Keith Packard (3):
    drm: add newlines to text sysfs files
    drm: set permissions on edid file to 0444
    drm: Hook up DPMS property handling in drm_crtc.c. Add drm_helper_connector_dpms.

    Kevin Hilman (1):
    mtd: davinci nand: update clock naming

    Kumar Gala (1):
    sdhci-of: Add fsl,esdhc as a valid compatible to bind against

    Linus Torvalds (3):
    Revert "drm: don't associate _DRM_DRIVER maps with a master"
    async: Fix lack of boot-time console due to insufficient synchronization
    Linux 2.6.30

    Martin Fuzzey (3):
    [ARM] 5534/1: kmalloc must return a cache line aligned buffer
    mxcmmc : Reset the SDHC hardware if software timeout occurs.
    mxcmmc: Fix missing return value checking in DMA setup code.

    Matthieu CASTET (1):
    SSB: BCM47xx: Export ssb_watchdog_timer_set

    Mike Frysinger (2):
    kbuild: fix detection of CONFIG_FRAME_WARN=0
    shm: fix unused warnings on nommu

    Minoru Usui (1):
    cls_cgroup: Fix oops when user send improperly 'tc filter add' request

    NeilBrown (3):
    md/raid5: use conf->raid_disks in preference to mddev->raid_disk
    md/raid5 - avoid deadlocks in get_active_stripe during reshape
    md/raid5: fix bug in reshape code when chunk_size decreases.

    Nicolas Pitre (3):
    mvsdio: allow automatic loading when modular
    mvsdio: ignore high speed timing requests from the core
    mvsdio: fix config failure with some high speed SDHC cards

    Oleg Nesterov (2):
    ptrace: tracehook_report_clone: fix false positives
    ptrace: revert "ptrace_detach: the wrong wakeup breaks the ERESTARTxxx logic"

    Peter Botha (1):
    char: mxser, fix ISA board lookup

    Philipp Zabel (1):
    [ARM] pxa: fix pxa27x_udc default pullup GPIO

    Rabin Vincent (1):
    mx[23]: don't put clock lookups in __initdata

    Ralf Baechle (2):
    MIPS: Sibyte: Honor CONFIG_CMDLINE
    MIPS: Outline udelay and fix a few issues.

    Russell King (1):
    [ARM] ARMv7 errata: only apply fixes when running on applicable CPU

    Rusty Russell (1):
    lguest: fix 'unhandled trap 13' with CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR

    Salman Qazi (1):
    drivers/char/mem.c: avoid OOM lockup during large reads from /dev/zero

    Sascha Hauer (1):
    mxcmmc: decrease minimum frequency to make MMC cards work

    Sergei Shtylyov (3):
    pata_efar: fix PIO2 underclocking
    pdc202xx_old: fix 'pdc20246_dma_ops'
    pdc202xx_old: fix resetproc() method

    Tejun Heo (1):
    ahci: add warning messages for hp laptops with broken suspend

    Theodore Ts'o (1):
    Fix nobh_truncate_page() to not pass stack garbage to get_block()

    Ville Syrjala (1):
    ata_piix: Add HP Compaq nc6000 to the broken poweroff list

    Yan Zheng (1):
    Btrfs: set device->total_disk_bytes when adding new device

    Yinghai Lu (3):
    x86/pci: fix mmconfig detection with 32bit near 4g
    cpumask: introduce zalloc_cpumask_var
    cpumask: alloc zeroed cpumask for static cpumask_var_ts

    Yoichi Yuasa (2):
    MIPS: Kconfig: Remove "Support for" from Cavium system type
    MIPS: Cobalt: PCI bus is always required to obtain the board ID

    Yu Zhao (1):
    PCI: use fixed-up device class when configuring device

      Last update: 2009-10-18 23:28    [W:0.033 / U:120.448 seconds]