SubjectLinux 2.6.30

As mentioned last week, -rc8 was the last -rc, and there really isn't any
point in delaying the real release any more.

I'm sure we've missed something, and I know we have some regressions
pending. At the same time, we do need the coverage of a eral release, and
on the whole it looks pretty good. We've fixed a few regressions in the
last few days, and there's always 2.6.30.x.

The appended shortlog from 2.6.29-rc8 is not very interesting, but it's
about as good as it gets. Not a lot of changes (just 72 non-merges,
according to git rev-list), and most of those are pretty small and
trivial. We're talking mostly one-liners, with just a couple of them
standing out (in fact, just mainly the DPMS handling cleanup in

As to the whole set of changes since 2.6.29, the best place to look is
probably just

as usual. One thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned there is that we're
hopefully now done with the suspend/resume irq re-architecting, and have
switched to a new world order. Although I suspect lots of details will
still change, of course.

And as usual, I'll wait a day or two before really opening the merge
window. I want people to actually test this one rather than immediately
sending me "please pull" requests. Deal?

Adam Jackson (1):
drm: ignore EDID with really tiny modes.
Al Viro (1):
ext3/4 with synchronous writes gets wedged by Postfix

Alan Cox (3):
ivtv: Fix PCI DMA direction
[libata] pata_ali: Use IGN_SIMPLEX
pata_netcell: Fix typo

Alessandro Rubini (1):
[ARM] 5543/1: arm: serial amba: add missing declaration in serial.h

Anand Gadiyar (1):
omap_hsmmc: Trivial fix for a typo in comment

Avi Kivity (2):
KVM: Explicity initialize cpus_hardware_enabled
kvm: fix kvm reboot crash when MAXSMP is used

Ben Nizette (1):
mmc/omap: Use disable_irq_nosync() from within irq handlers.

Ben Skeggs (1):
drm: don't associate _DRM_DRIVER maps with a master

Chris Mason (1):
Btrfs: Fix oops and use after free during space balancing

Dave Airlie (2):
drm: fix irq naming for kms drivers.
drm/radeon: fix ring free alignment calculations

Dave Jones (1):
[CPUFREQ] powernow-k8: check space_id of _PCT registers to be FFH

Dave Liu (1):
sdhci-of: Fix the wrong accessor to HOSTVER register

Eric Anholt (1):
drm/i915: Remove a bad BUG_ON in the fence management code.

Eric Dumazet (1):
r8169: fix crash when large packets are received

Eric Lammerts (1):
fix oops when using console=ttymxcN with N > 0
FUJITA Tomonori (1):
bsg: setting rq->bio to NULL

Hugh Dickins (1):
integrity: fix IMA inode leak

Ian Kent (1):
autofs4: remove hashed check in validate_wait()

James Bottomley (1):
pata_legacy: wait for async probing

Jan Kara (1):
jbd: fix race in buffer processing in commit code

Jaswinder Singh Rajput (2):
drm/i915: intel_lvds.c fix section mismatch
MIPS: ioctl.h: Fix headers_check warnings

Jonathan Cameron (1):
[ARM] pxa/imote2: fix UCAM sensor board ADC model number

Keith Packard (3):
drm: add newlines to text sysfs files
drm: set permissions on edid file to 0444
drm: Hook up DPMS property handling in drm_crtc.c. Add drm_helper_connector_dpms.

Kevin Hilman (1):
mtd: davinci nand: update clock naming

Kumar Gala (1):
sdhci-of: Add fsl,esdhc as a valid compatible to bind against

Linus Torvalds (3):
Revert "drm: don't associate _DRM_DRIVER maps with a master"
async: Fix lack of boot-time console due to insufficient synchronization
Linux 2.6.30

Martin Fuzzey (3):
[ARM] 5534/1: kmalloc must return a cache line aligned buffer
mxcmmc : Reset the SDHC hardware if software timeout occurs.
mxcmmc: Fix missing return value checking in DMA setup code.

Matthieu CASTET (1):
SSB: BCM47xx: Export ssb_watchdog_timer_set

Mike Frysinger (2):
kbuild: fix detection of CONFIG_FRAME_WARN=0
shm: fix unused warnings on nommu

Minoru Usui (1):
cls_cgroup: Fix oops when user send improperly 'tc filter add' request

NeilBrown (3):
md/raid5: use conf->raid_disks in preference to mddev->raid_disk
md/raid5 - avoid deadlocks in get_active_stripe during reshape
md/raid5: fix bug in reshape code when chunk_size decreases.

Nicolas Pitre (3):
mvsdio: allow automatic loading when modular
mvsdio: ignore high speed timing requests from the core
mvsdio: fix config failure with some high speed SDHC cards

Oleg Nesterov (2):
ptrace: tracehook_report_clone: fix false positives
ptrace: revert "ptrace_detach: the wrong wakeup breaks the ERESTARTxxx logic"

Peter Botha (1):
char: mxser, fix ISA board lookup

Philipp Zabel (1):
[ARM] pxa: fix pxa27x_udc default pullup GPIO

Rabin Vincent (1):
mx[23]: don't put clock lookups in __initdata

Ralf Baechle (2):
MIPS: Outline udelay and fix a few issues.

Russell King (1):
[ARM] ARMv7 errata: only apply fixes when running on applicable CPU

Rusty Russell (1):
lguest: fix 'unhandled trap 13' with CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR

Salman Qazi (1):
drivers/char/mem.c: avoid OOM lockup during large reads from /dev/zero

Sascha Hauer (1):
mxcmmc: decrease minimum frequency to make MMC cards work

Sergei Shtylyov (3):
pata_efar: fix PIO2 underclocking
pdc202xx_old: fix 'pdc20246_dma_ops'
pdc202xx_old: fix resetproc() method

Tejun Heo (1):
ahci: add warning messages for hp laptops with broken suspend

Theodore Ts'o (1):
Fix nobh_truncate_page() to not pass stack garbage to get_block()

Ville Syrjala (1):
ata_piix: Add HP Compaq nc6000 to the broken poweroff list

Yan Zheng (1):
Btrfs: set device->total_disk_bytes when adding new device

Yinghai Lu (3):
x86/pci: fix mmconfig detection with 32bit near 4g
cpumask: introduce zalloc_cpumask_var
cpumask: alloc zeroed cpumask for static cpumask_var_ts

Yoichi Yuasa (2):
MIPS: Kconfig: Remove "Support for" from Cavium system type
MIPS: Cobalt: PCI bus is always required to obtain the board ID

Yu Zhao (1):
PCI: use fixed-up device class when configuring device