    SubjectLinux 2.6.30

    As mentioned last week, -rc8 was the last -rc, and there really isn't any
    point in delaying the real release any more.

    I'm sure we've missed something, and I know we have some regressions
    pending. At the same time, we do need the coverage of a eral release, and
    on the whole it looks pretty good. We've fixed a few regressions in the
    last few days, and there's always 2.6.30.x.

    The appended shortlog from 2.6.29-rc8 is not very interesting, but it's
    about as good as it gets. Not a lot of changes (just 72 non-merges,
    according to git rev-list), and most of those are pretty small and
    trivial. We're talking mostly one-liners, with just a couple of them
    standing out (in fact, just mainly the DPMS handling cleanup in

    As to the whole set of changes since 2.6.29, the best place to look is
    probably just

    as usual. One thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned there is that we're
    hopefully now done with the suspend/resume irq re-architecting, and have
    switched to a new world order. Although I suspect lots of details will
    still change, of course.

    And as usual, I'll wait a day or two before really opening the merge
    window. I want people to actually test this one rather than immediately
    sending me "please pull" requests. Deal?

    Adam Jackson (1):
    drm: ignore EDID with really tiny modes.

    Al Viro (1):
    ext3/4 with synchronous writes gets wedged by Postfix

    Alan Cox (3):
    ivtv: Fix PCI DMA direction
    [libata] pata_ali: Use IGN_SIMPLEX
    pata_netcell: Fix typo

    Alessandro Rubini (1):
    [ARM] 5543/1: arm: serial amba: add missing declaration in serial.h

    Anand Gadiyar (1):
    omap_hsmmc: Trivial fix for a typo in comment

    Avi Kivity (2):
    KVM: Explicity initialize cpus_hardware_enabled
    kvm: fix kvm reboot crash when MAXSMP is used

    Ben Nizette (1):
    mmc/omap: Use disable_irq_nosync() from within irq handlers.

    Ben Skeggs (1):
    drm: don't associate _DRM_DRIVER maps with a master

    Chris Mason (1):
    Btrfs: Fix oops and use after free during space balancing

    Dave Airlie (2):
    drm: fix irq naming for kms drivers.
    drm/radeon: fix ring free alignment calculations

    Dave Jones (1):
    [CPUFREQ] powernow-k8: check space_id of _PCT registers to be FFH

    Dave Liu (1):
    sdhci-of: Fix the wrong accessor to HOSTVER register

    Eric Anholt (1):
    drm/i915: Remove a bad BUG_ON in the fence management code.

    Eric Dumazet (1):
    r8169: fix crash when large packets are received

    Eric Lammerts (1):
    fix oops when using console=ttymxcN with N > 0

    FUJITA Tomonori (1):
    bsg: setting rq->bio to NULL

    Hugh Dickins (1):
    integrity: fix IMA inode leak

    Ian Kent (1):
    autofs4: remove hashed check in validate_wait()

    James Bottomley (1):
    pata_legacy: wait for async probing

    Jan Kara (1):
    jbd: fix race in buffer processing in commit code

    Jaswinder Singh Rajput (2):
    drm/i915: intel_lvds.c fix section mismatch
    MIPS: ioctl.h: Fix headers_check warnings

    Jonathan Cameron (1):
    [ARM] pxa/imote2: fix UCAM sensor board ADC model number

    Keith Packard (3):
    drm: add newlines to text sysfs files
    drm: set permissions on edid file to 0444
    drm: Hook up DPMS property handling in drm_crtc.c. Add drm_helper_connector_dpms.

    Kevin Hilman (1):
    mtd: davinci nand: update clock naming

    Kumar Gala (1):
    sdhci-of: Add fsl,esdhc as a valid compatible to bind against

    Linus Torvalds (3):
    Revert "drm: don't associate _DRM_DRIVER maps with a master"
    async: Fix lack of boot-time console due to insufficient synchronization
    Linux 2.6.30

    Martin Fuzzey (3):
    [ARM] 5534/1: kmalloc must return a cache line aligned buffer
    mxcmmc : Reset the SDHC hardware if software timeout occurs.
    mxcmmc: Fix missing return value checking in DMA setup code.

    Matthieu CASTET (1):
    SSB: BCM47xx: Export ssb_watchdog_timer_set

    Mike Frysinger (2):
    kbuild: fix detection of CONFIG_FRAME_WARN=0
    shm: fix unused warnings on nommu

    Minoru Usui (1):
    cls_cgroup: Fix oops when user send improperly 'tc filter add' request

    NeilBrown (3):
    md/raid5: use conf->raid_disks in preference to mddev->raid_disk
    md/raid5 - avoid deadlocks in get_active_stripe during reshape
    md/raid5: fix bug in reshape code when chunk_size decreases.

    Nicolas Pitre (3):
    mvsdio: allow automatic loading when modular
    mvsdio: ignore high speed timing requests from the core
    mvsdio: fix config failure with some high speed SDHC cards

    Oleg Nesterov (2):
    ptrace: tracehook_report_clone: fix false positives
    ptrace: revert "ptrace_detach: the wrong wakeup breaks the ERESTARTxxx logic"

    Peter Botha (1):
    char: mxser, fix ISA board lookup

    Philipp Zabel (1):
    [ARM] pxa: fix pxa27x_udc default pullup GPIO

    Rabin Vincent (1):
    mx[23]: don't put clock lookups in __initdata

    Ralf Baechle (2):
    MIPS: Sibyte: Honor CONFIG_CMDLINE
    MIPS: Outline udelay and fix a few issues.

    Russell King (1):
    [ARM] ARMv7 errata: only apply fixes when running on applicable CPU

    Rusty Russell (1):
    lguest: fix 'unhandled trap 13' with CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR

    Salman Qazi (1):
    drivers/char/mem.c: avoid OOM lockup during large reads from /dev/zero

    Sascha Hauer (1):
    mxcmmc: decrease minimum frequency to make MMC cards work

    Sergei Shtylyov (3):
    pata_efar: fix PIO2 underclocking
    pdc202xx_old: fix 'pdc20246_dma_ops'
    pdc202xx_old: fix resetproc() method

    Tejun Heo (1):
    ahci: add warning messages for hp laptops with broken suspend

    Theodore Ts'o (1):
    Fix nobh_truncate_page() to not pass stack garbage to get_block()

    Ville Syrjala (1):
    ata_piix: Add HP Compaq nc6000 to the broken poweroff list

    Yan Zheng (1):
    Btrfs: set device->total_disk_bytes when adding new device

    Yinghai Lu (3):
    x86/pci: fix mmconfig detection with 32bit near 4g
    cpumask: introduce zalloc_cpumask_var
    cpumask: alloc zeroed cpumask for static cpumask_var_ts

    Yoichi Yuasa (2):
    MIPS: Kconfig: Remove "Support for" from Cavium system type
    MIPS: Cobalt: PCI bus is always required to obtain the board ID

    Yu Zhao (1):
    PCI: use fixed-up device class when configuring device

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-10-18 23:28    [W:0.030 / U:4.136 seconds]