SubjectRE: [tip:tracing/core] Revert "x86, bts: reenable ptrace branch trace support"

I'm not exactly sure what you are proposing.

There currently is a single facility handling Debug Store which is used
by perfmon for PEBS sampling and by BTS for branch tracing. The ptrace
interface is a thin layer that allows debuggers to easily access the
part that is relevant for them.

Are you proposing a single abstraction of sampling and branch tracing events
using records of different sizes in one big stream?

regards,
markus.

Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen Germany
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Douglas Lusk, Peter Gleissner, Hannes Schwaderer
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456 Ust.-IdNr.
VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052

  Last update: 2009-06-12 13:09    [W:0.083 / U:0.320 seconds]