SubjectRE: [tip:tracing/core] x86, bts: reenable ptrace branch trace support
On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 14:32 +0100, Metzger, Markus T wrote:
> [...]

But that is the debug store, right? User visible through some mlock
accounting and limit.

Furthermore, it appears there is an interface for setting the size,
that's also user visible and not fixable after the fact.

Once you want to multiplex cpu-wide and per task BTS/PEBS contexts,
there is no choice but to view the DS as a cpu resource, not a task
resource, therefore you cannot specify a size, nor attribute it to
specific tasks mm accounting.

  Last update: 2009-06-10 15:47    [W:0.074 / U:1.556 seconds]