    SubjectRe: kms in defconfig

    On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Tejun Heo wrote:
    > I think defconfig should enable options such that it shows where
    > upstream kernel is headed, so FWIW +1 for KMS from me.

    I'd actually love to get rid of the stupid defconfig's entirely. They've
    lost pretty much all relevance over the years, except for specific cases
    where you might have defconfigs that are for specific platforms.

    IOW, the embedded kind of "per-platform defconfig" at lest is a useful
    starting point. But even there I'm not 100% sure that it makes sense to
    pollute the kernel source tree with them - they mess up things like

    IOW, they're likely to be more pain than they are worth. And they really
    aren't useful starting points for normal people (who are probably better
    off starting with their distro kernel config) or likely even for most
    kernel developers (who hopefully have noticed that they can install a
    per-machine defconfig in /etc/kernel-config and forget about it).

    I'd love to just delete them all.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-04-28 04:05    [W:0.019 / U:3.048 seconds]