Subjecthow to tell if arbitrary kernel memory address is backed by physical memory?
Hi all,

Quick question to the memory management folks.

Is there a portable way to tell whether a particular virtual address in
the lowmem address range is backed by physical memory and is readable?

For background...we have some guys working on a software memory scrubber
for an embedded board. The memory controller supports ECC but doesn't
support scrubbing in hardware. What we want to do is walk all of
lowmem, reading in memory. If a fault is encountered, it will be
handled by other code.

Thanks,

Chris

  Last update: 2009-04-16 17:41    [W:0.174 / U:0.084 seconds]