    SubjectLinux 2.6.29-rc8

    This -rc isn't any more interesting than most, although I have to say that
    personally, it was interesting to see that we have actually been hitting a
    Atom CPU errata, and it took some effort from people to hunt it down.
    That was interesting, if only because it's a pretty rare occurrence.

    We have a workaround (although not necessarily the final one) for that in
    this -rc, along with a lot of other mostly tiny changes. There's some
    bigger stuff in blackfin (the bulk of which was removals, in the form of
    'drop untested and useless "generic" board file') and some MIPS defconfig
    updates.

    The only other non-small patch should be the addition of the at91 IDE
    driver. Other than that it's all pretty small.

    In fact, it seems to be stabilizing to the point where I'm hoping that
    we're approaching a final 2.6.29, and this might be the last -rc. We'll
    have to see.

    Linus

    ---
    Adrian Hunter (1):
    mmc: fix data timeout for SEND_EXT_CSD

    Alex Chiang (2):
    PCIe: AER: during disable, check subordinate before walking
    PCIe: portdrv: call pci_disable_device during remove

    Alexander Duyck (1):
    PCI: Add PCI quirk to disable L0s ASPM state for 82575 and 82598

    Alexey Dobriyan (3):
    [WATCHDOG] ks8695_wdt.c: 'CLOCK_TICK_RATE' undeclared
    xtensa: fix compilation somewhat
    devpts: remove graffiti

    Alon Bar-Lev (1):
    Blackfin arch: cleanup bfin_sport.h header and export it to userspace

    Andrew Klossner (1):
    hwmon: (f75375s) Remove unnecessary and confusing initialization

    Atsushi Nemoto (2):
    mtd: physmap: fix NULL pointer dereference in error path
    MIPS: TXx9: update defconfigs

    Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (1):
    remove stale comment from <linux/hdreg.h>

    Ben Dooks (1):
    mmc: s3cmci: fix s3c2410_dma_config() arguments.

    Benjamin Herrenschmidt (2):
    hvc_console: Remove tty->low_latency on pseries backends
    radeonfb/aty128fb: Disable broken early resume hook for PowerBooks

    Bernd Schmidt (1):
    Blackfin arch: fix bug - jump_to_zero test case failed on noMPU kernel

    Brandon Ehle (1):
    sata_nv: fix module parameter description

    Brian Haley (2):
    IPv6: add "disable" module parameter support to ipv6.ko
    SCTP: change sctp_ctl_sock_init() to try IPv4 if IPv6 fails

    Brian Maly (1):
    x86: fix DMI on EFI

    Chris Mason (1):
    Btrfs: fix spinlock assertions on UP systems

    Chris Wilson (4):
    drm/i915: First recheck for an empty fence register.
    drm/i915: Check fence status on every pin.
    drm/i915: Check to see if we've pinned all available fences
    drm/i915: Protect active fences on i915

    Christian Lamparter (1):
    p54: fix race condition in memory management

    Christoph Hellwig (4):
    jsflash: stop defining MAJOR_NR
    xfs: prevent kernel crash due to corrupted inode log format
    xfs: prevent lockdep false positive in xfs_iget_cache_miss
    xfs: only issues a cache flush on unmount if barriers are enabled

    Dan Williams (4):
    md: fix deadlock when stopping arrays
    I/OAT: fail self-test if callback test reaches timeout
    fsldma: fix off by one in dma_halt
    dmatest: fix use after free in dmatest_exit

    Daniel Glöckner (1):
    x86, math-emu: fix init_fpu for task != current

    Daniel Lezcano (1):
    netns: fix addrconf_ifdown kernel panic

    Daniel Mack (2):
    drivers/w1/masters/w1-gpio.c: fix read_bit()
    ds2760_battery.c: fix division by zero

    Darrick J. Wong (3):
    lm85: fix the version check that broke adt7468 probing
    lm85: add VRM10 support for adt7468 chip
    hwmon: (lm90) Document support for the MAX6648/6692 chips

    Dave Jones (2):
    Revert "[CPUFREQ] Disable sysfs ui for p4-clockmod."
    [CPUFREQ] Add p4-clockmod sysfs-ui removal to feature-removal schedule.

    David S. Miller (3):
    sparc64: Fix lost interrupts on sun4u.
    net: Fix missing dev->neigh_setup in register_netdevice().
    vlan: Fix vlan-in-vlan crashes.

    Dhaval Giani (1):
    kernel/user.c: fix a memory leak when freeing up non-init usernamespaces users

    Dmitry Torokhov (1):
    Input: serio - fix protocol number for TouchIT213

    Enrik Berkhan (1):
    Blackfin arch: fix bug - The SPORT_HYS bit is not set for BF561 0.5

    Eric Anholt (2):
    drm/i915: Fix bad \n in MTRR failure notice.
    drm/i915: fix 945 fence register writes for fence 8 and above.

    Eric Dumazet (1):
    rcu: increment quiescent state counter in ksoftirqd()

    Eric Sandeen (1):
    ext4: fix ext4_free_inode() vs. ext4_claim_inode() race

    Eric Sesterhenn (1):
    I/OAT: list usage cleanup

    Eric W. Biederman (3):
    netns: Fix icmp shutdown.
    tcp: Like icmp use register_pernet_subsys
    netns: Remove net_alive

    FUJITA Tomonori (1):
    libata: fix dma_unmap_sg misuse

    Faisal Latif (1):
    RDMA/nes: Don't allow userspace QPs to use STag zero

    Friedrich Oslage (1):
    sunhme: Fix qfe parent detection.

    Gilles Espinasse (1):
    kbuild: remove unused -r option for module-init-tool depmod

    Graf Yang (2):
    Blackfin arch: Fix bug - make ksz8893m driver available when bfin_mac is enabled
    Blackfin arch: update default kernel config, select KSZ8893M driver for BF518

    Grant Likely (1):
    powerpc/4xx: Enable SERIAL_OF support by default for Virtex platforms

    Guennadi Liakhovetski (1):
    powerpc: fix linkstation and storcenter compilation breakage

    Hannes Eder (1):
    ide: NULL noise: drivers/ide/ide-*.c

    Heiko Carstens (1):
    Fix fixpoint divide exception in acct_update_integrals

    Helge Bahmann (1):
    drm: fix double lock typo

    Huang Ying (1):
    x86: EFI: Back efi_ioremap with init_memory_mapping instead of FIX_MAP

    Ingo Molnar (1):
    x86: work around Fedora-11 x86-32 kernel failures on Intel Atom CPUs

    Jarek Poplawski (1):
    pkt_sched: act_police: Fix a rate estimator test.

    Jean Delvare (2):
    hwmon: (abituguru3) Fix I/O error handling
    hwmon: (it87) Properly decode -128 degrees C temperature

    Jens Axboe (2):
    cciss: remove 30 second initial timeout on controller reset
    block: fix missing bio back/front segment size setting in blk_recount_segments()

    Jeremy Higdon (1):
    [IA64] fix PCI DMA flag propagation on SN (Altix) with PICs

    Jie Zhang (1):
    Blackfin arch: fix bug - gdb signull case make trunk kernel panic frequently

    Jody McIntyre (1):
    trivial: fix bad links in the ext2 and ext3 documentation

    Johannes Weiner (1):
    dmaengine: update kerneldoc

    Josh Hunt (2):
    kbuild: fix mkspec to cleanup RPM_BUILD_ROOT
    kbuild: fix 'make rpm' when CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO=y and using SCM tree

    Justin P. Mattock (1):
    kbuild: fix C libary confusion in unifdef.c due to getline()

    KOSAKI Motohiro (1):
    memcg: use correct scan number at reclaim

    Kris Shannon (1):
    Fix kernel NULL pointer dereference in xen-blkfront

    Kristian Høgsberg (1):
    drm: Return EINVAL on duplicate objects in execbuffer object list

    Kyle McMartin (1):
    i915: add newline to i915_gem_object_pin failure msg

    Leann Ogasawara (1):
    x86: add Dell XPS710 reboot quirk

    Li Zefan (1):
    vfs: add missing unlock in sget()

    Linus Torvalds (2):
    bitmap: fix end condition in bitmap_find_free_region
    Linus 2.6.29-rc8

    Lubomir Rintel (1):
    intel-agp: fix a panic with 1M of shared memory, no GTT entries

    Luotao Fu (1):
    ipu_idmac: fix spinlock type

    Maciej Sosnowski (6):
    I/OAT: add verification for proper APICID_TAG_MAP setting by BIOS
    I/OAT: do not set DCACTRL_CMPL_WRITE_ENABLE for I/OAT ver.3
    I/OAT: fail initialization on zero channels detection
    I/OAT: cancel watchdog before dma remove
    I/OAT: set tcp_dma_copybreak to 256k for I/OAT ver.3
    I/OAT: update driver version and copyright dates

    Magnus Damm (1):
    video: deferred io cleanup fix for sh_mobile_lcdcfb

    Mark Brown (1):
    mfd: add support for WM8351 revision B

    Markus Metzger (2):
    x86, bts: remove bad warning
    x86, pebs: correct qualifier passed to ds_write_config() from ds_request_pebs()

    Matt Carlson (1):
    tg3: Fix 5906 link problems

    Meelis Roos (2):
    net: fix tokenring license
    tmspci: fix request_irq race

    Michael Ellerman (1):
    powerpc/pseries: The RPA PCI hotplug driver depends on EEH

    Michael Hennerich (6):
    Blackfin arch: Make IRQ_EPPIx_ERROR naming consistent
    Blackfin arch: Enable Write Back Cache on all Blackfin Boards
    Blackfin arch: PM_BFIN_WAKE_GP: update help
    Blackfin arch: Fix BUG - kernel fails to build in pm.c when allow wakeup fromi standby by GPIO
    Blackfin arch: fix bug - On bf548-ezkit, ethernet fails to work after wakeup from "mem"
    Blackfin arch: SPI_MMC is now mainlined MMC_SPI

    Michael Kerrisk (1):
    MAINTAINERS: downgrade support for man-pages

    Michael Spang (1):
    acer-wmi: fix regression in backlight detection

    Mike Frysinger (10):
    Blackfin arch: drop untested and useless "generic" board file
    Blackfin arch: use common KGDB_TESTS rather than our own KGDB_TESTCASE
    Blackfin arch: fix compile failure when missing the anomaly definition
    Blackfin arch: update anomaly sheets to match latest public info
    Blackfin arch: make sure people do not set the kernel load address too high
    Blackfin arch: mark init_pda as __init as only __init funcs all it
    Blackfin arch: remove spurious dash when dcache is off
    Blackfin arch: add stubs for anomalies 447 and 448
    Blackfin arch: remove duplicated ANOMALY_05000448 ifdef check
    Blackfin arch: disable legacy /proc/scsi/ support by default

    Nick Piggin (1):
    fs: new inode i_state corruption fix

    Nobuhiro Iwamatsu (1):
    sh: Add media/soc_camera.h to board setup of Renesas AP325RXA

    OGAWA Hirofumi (1):
    Fix _fat_bmap() locking

    Oleg Nesterov (2):
    copy_process: fix CLONE_PARENT && parent_exec_id interaction
    pipe_rdwr_fasync: fix the error handling to prevent the leak/crash

    Pablo Neira Ayuso (1):
    netlink: invert error code in netlink_set_err()

    Pantelis Koukousoulas (1):
    drm: fix EDID parser problem with positive/negative hsync/vsync

    Patrick McHardy (1):
    bonding: Fix device passed into ->ndo_neigh_setup().

    Paul E. McKenney (2):
    idr: make idr_remove_all() do removal -before- free_layer()
    rcu: documentation 1Q09 update

    Peter Korsgaard (1):
    dm9601: new vendor/product IDs

    Phil Sutter (2):
    [WATCHDOG] rc32434_wdt: fix watchdog driver
    [WATCHDOG] rc32434_wdt: fix sections

    Philippe Gerum (1):
    Blackfin arch: Update adeos blackfin arch patch to 1.9-00

    Phillip Lougher (3):
    Squashfs: Fix oops when reading fsfuzzer corrupted filesystems
    Squashfs: fix documentation typo, Cramfs filesystem limit is 256 MiB
    Squashfs: Valid filesystems are flagged as bad by the corrupted fs patch

    Pierre Willenbrock (1):
    drm/i915: Don't restore palettes through VGA registers.

    Prakash Punnoor (2):
    pci: don't disable too many HT MSI mapping
    pci: Fix typo in message while disabling HT MSI mapping

    Ralf Baechle (2):
    MIPS: compat: Implement is_compat_task.
    MIPS: IP27: Enable RAID5 module

    Randy Dunlap (1):
    menu: fix embedded menu snafu

    Reinette Chatre (1):
    iwlwifi: fix error flow in iwl*_pci_probe

    Renzo Davoli (1):
    UML on UML fixed: it did not start

    Robert Hancock (1):
    libata: Don't trust current capacity values in identify words 57-58

    Robin Getz (1):
    Blackfin arch: Random read/write errors are a bad thing

    Roel Kluin (12):
    net: more timeouts that reach -1
    net pcmcia: worklimit reaches -1
    aoe: error printed 1 too early
    sungem: another error printed one too early
    sparc64: wait_event_interruptible_timeout may return -ERESTARTSYS
    iop-adma, mv_xor: fix mem leak on self-test setup failure
    Squashfs: frag_size should be signed, as it can hold an error result
    loop: don't increment p->offset with (size_t) -EINVAL
    [WATCHDOG] gef_wdt.c: fsl_get_sys_freq() failure not noticed
    ide: expiry() returns int, negative expiry() return values won't be noticed
    cfg80211: test before subtraction on unsigned
    mm: get_nid_for_pfn() returns int

    Russell King (1):
    OMAP: enable smc911x support for LDP platform

    Rusty Russell (4):
    lguest: fix crash 'unhandled trap 13 at <native_read_msr_safe>'
    lguest: fix for CONFIG_SPARSE_IRQ=y
    cpumask: tsk_cpumask for accessing the struct task_struct's cpus_allowed.
    cpumask: mm_cpumask for accessing the struct mm_struct's cpu_vm_mask.

    Samuel CUELLA (1):
    i810: fix kernel crash fix when struct fb_var_screeninfo is supplied

    Sergei Shtylyov (2):
    ide-iops: fix odd-length ATAPI PIO transfers
    ata: add CFA specific identify data words

    Shinya Kuribayashi (1):
    MIPS: NEC VR5500 processor support fixup

    Sonic Zhang (3):
    Blackfin arch: Disable NAND option by default
    Blackfin arch: fix bug - kgdb fails to continue after setting breakpoint on bf561-ezkit kernel with smp patch
    Blackfin arch: Fix bug - KGDB single step into the middle of a 4 bytes instruction on bf561 after soft bp is hit

    Stanislaw Gruszka (3):
    ide: allow to wrap interrupt handler
    ide: add at91_ide driver
    AT91: initialize Compact Flash on AT91SAM9263 cpu

    Stephen Hemminger (2):
    net: Avoid race between network down and sysfs
    ipv6: Fix sysctl unregistration deadlock

    Steven King (2):
    m68knommu: m5206e build fix
    m68knommu: m528x build fix

    Stuart Bennett (1):
    x86 mmiotrace: fix remove_kmmio_fault_pages()

    Stuart Hayes (1):
    libata: change drive ready wait after hard reset to 5s

    Takashi Iwai (2):
    ALSA: hda - Fix typos in slave controls in patch_sigmatel.c
    ALSA: hda - Fix headphone-detect regression with multiple HP jacks

    Tejun Heo (3):
    libata: align ap->sector_buf
    libata: don't use on-stack sense buffer
    libata: make sure port is thawed when skipping resets

    Tom Parker (1):
    Blackfin arch: fix bug - Error if one serial has hardware flow control and the other doesn't

    Tony Breeds (1):
    powerpc: Run sbc610 USB fixup code only on the appropriate platform.

    Vlad Yasevich (1):
    sctp: fix crash during module unload

    Wei Yongjun (1):
    sctp: fix kernel panic with ERROR chunk containing too many error causes

    Will Newton (1):
    mtd_dataflash: fix probing of AT45DB321C chips.

    Wim Van Sebroeck (1):
    [WATCHDOG] orion5x_wdt.c: 'ORION5X_TCLK' undeclared

    Wu Fengguang (1):
    proc: fix kflags to uflags copying in /proc/kpageflags

    Xiaotian Feng (1):
    MIPS: Fix build of non-CONFIG_SYSVIPC version of sys_32_ipc

    Xose Vazquez Perez (2):
    rt2x00 : more devices to rt2500usb.c
    rt2x00 : more devices to rt73usb.c

    Yinghai Lu (1):
    x86/agp: tighten check to update amd nb aperture

    akpm@linux-foundation.org (1):
    uml: fix WARNING: vmlinux: 'memcpy' exported twice

    etienne (1):
    smack: fixes for unlabeled host support

    peerchen (1):
    ahci: Add the Device IDs for MCP89 and remove IDs of MCP7B to/from ahci.c