Subject[Updated]iMac_91_sound_patch.
Date

This is an updated patch for the Apple iMac 9,1 model to add sound.
Original patch posted here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/61361/match=

I have been using this patch for a while now
and have to say it works vary well, except for a few minor
things:

With the iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
everything seems to be working as it should,
although I have not looked into the microphone
(never really use one, nor have any apps to test,
my guess is it doesn't work, or I never figured out how
to get it to work).

With the iMac 24-inch 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
everything is the same as with the above machine
except I'm hearing a light scratchy/distortion noise
come out of the speakers when using headphones(above machine
does not do this).

Other than that the sound level is great(especially with good Dj headphones).

Now onto this patch. I took the liberty of sighning off on it
although I don't feel comfortable doing so, since this is not my
work(except for a few changes to fit the latest kernel).
In reading:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/61596/match=
there was mention of a sign off, but something happened.

Anyways I'll leave it up to the people in charge of patches
to make the descision on what to do with this.

Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt | 1 +
sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c | 111 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

  Last update: 2009-12-08 00:11    [W:0.034 / U:1.600 seconds]