SubjectRe: Finding and chaniging registered clocksources
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Ioannis Kyriakopoulos wrote:

> However, I don't know how to found out what clocksource Linux has assigned
> for other activities apart from the one mentioned (e.g. for timekeeping) and
> how to change it, if possible.

Depends on the subsystem. Code can use time sources as needed but in
general the standard clock is used as a common time base.

> For example, I want to find out which clocksource getnstimeofday() is using.
> It could be also useful if there is a way to see all the registered
> clocksources in the system.

getnstimeofday uses the syste, cllock that can be retrieved using
/sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource

  Last update: 2009-12-11 15:09    [W:0.031 / U:0.268 seconds]