    SubjectRE: Finding and chaniging registered clocksources
    Date
    Thanks very much for the reply.

    >> However, I don't know how to found out what clocksource Linux has
    assigned
    >> for other activities apart from the one mentioned (e.g. for timekeeping)
    and
    >> how to change it, if possible.
    >
    >Depends on the subsystem.

    Could you be a little more specific please cause I don't understand?

    >getnstimeofday uses the syste, cllock that can be retrieved using
    >/sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource

    The problem in my case is that when I execute the above, I get:
    cat: can't open
    '/sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource': No such
    file or directory
    In general, my /sys directory is empty. This file should exist to my
    filesystem prior to kernel execution or should it be created by the kernel
    when it starts executing; but for some reason it is not being created in my
    case?

    Thanks.

      Last update: 2009-12-11 15:31    [W:0.038 / U:90.388 seconds]