    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again
    "Rafael J. Wysocki" <> writes:

    > On Tuesday 01 December 2009, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
    >>> That's what I'd do.
    >> That worked out mosty OK (no freeze in quite some hibernation cycles),
    >> but I'm continuing testing it.
    > Great, please let me know how it works out.

    Will do. On the negative side, this tends to confuse NetworkManager.

    >> On the other hand, I reverted 8fbd962e3, recompiled and replaced the
    >> module, and got the freeze during hibernation. And that was the bulk of
    >> the changes since 2.6.31... I'll revert the rest and test again, but
    >> that seems purely cosmetic, so no high hopes.
    >>> In addition to that, you can run multiple hibernation/resume cycles in
    >>> a tight loop using the RTC wakealarm.
    >> I'll do so, as soon as I find a way to automatically supply the dm-crypt
    >> passphrase... or even better, learn to hibernate to ramdisk from the
    >> initramfs. :)
    > Well, you don't need to use swap encryption for _testing_. :-)

    I use partition encryption, everything except for /boot is encrypted.
    Apropos: does s2disk perform encryption with a temporary key even if I
    don't supply and RSA key, to protect mlocked application data from being
    present in the swap after restore?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-12-01 18:49    [W:0.026 / U:0.224 seconds]